Monday, January 2, 2017

SNOW, SNOW GO AWAY

We are getting inundated with snow again today, probably another 6 to 8 inches.  We had 16 inches on Christmas Day.  Our town is unprepared and we have snow everywhere.  This is a catch 22 for me as I love the snow, it is so pretty but I don't want to deal with it, go out in it, anything.  I guess that is why people move to Arizona, Florida, Texas, etc....although Texas is having their own trouble right now.  Lots of prayers going out for people to be safe.

Started working on eliminating one of my jobs today.  It holds possibility.  The control side of me wants to keep it because then I can run things how I want but it is unrealistic to keep going at the pace I am, besides the fact that I don't want to. 

Finished my book tonight, Florabama Ladies Auxiliary and Sewing Circle, it is not a new book but it was good.  Now I have to order the book for a book club that I belong to and get that read.  We are reading Birkebeiner.  It does look pretty good but then a pleasure book again.  Every two weeks I hope to read a book.  Love to read, good escapism.

I am going to post one thing I do daily to improve, or at least something that was done, financially.
** Took pictures of all receipts for Receipt Hog. **

Although it takes a while to accumulate points, and I know it is just a marketing tool for companies, it is a way to earn a little bit by recording the receipts on items you were going to buy anyway.  I have received $30 in the past and already have enough for another $5.00 payout.  It is best to wait until I have enough points for $30 again as the number of points per $5.00 that you need is not as great.

Weighed myself today.....it was ugly, but I now have a starting point. 40 pounds to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment