Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Yarn Along

As a way to motivate myself to read and knit more I am going to start joining Ginny Sheller every Wednesday for knitting and reading.  My goal is to finish a book every 2 weeks but also try to complete at least one project a week.  As most knitters, quilters, crocheters, etc have many UFO's so do I.  What is crazy is many of them have less than 2 hours of work to complete the project.  What's up with that?

This week I am reading A Year on Ladybug Farm.  Bought it for $.50 at Goodwill.  For knitting I am making the ever popular ZickZack Scarf by Christy Kamm.  It is a fun knit, taking a bit longer than I expected but still fun and easy to do.  I am using Lang Mille Colori Baby yarn in colorway 06 and 16.  I almost wish I would have a little more contrast but it is working out for the most part how I wanted.


This next Christmas hopefully will be having a fully homemade Christmas.  The idea sounds probably better than the reality but hopefully if I get some things going now it an be reality.

3 comments:

  1. The colour of your scarf is very rich. I think it is delightful.My husband retired this past September at age 55. It has been a challenge for me to have him home so much. I have always had my eight children around. I Homeschooling them before it was a popular movement only because of our distant location to any populated area. You are making a good move to retire early so you can enjoy life while your health allows it. The money is restrictive but there are many more blessings. Thank you for commenting on my blog and I shall visit you and see what you are up to. Lynaka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retired too, trying to find me.
    Good idea get some stuff finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe I've read and enjoyed this book. I like the idea of a homemade Christmas. Read someone's account of their dad's wobbly but well loved gifts. I've gifted aprons before...not sure anyone but me wears them, but it seemed practical at the time..

    ReplyDelete