Monday, July 24, 2017

Pantry Clean-out

Do you have a pantry?  They are wonderful.  So nice to go into your pantry when you need something for a meal, a snack, whatever.  Problem is if you don't cook that much, many times items in your pantry get beyond the expiration date.  For example the photo below.


This very sadly is all the food I threw away tonight.  Huge waste of money and I feel guilty when I know there are people all over the world that do not have enough food.  This is only because of poor planning on my part and laziness.  I'm sure this is not all but I was tired after going through all of this and it is the majority.  Many of the items were farther than a year beyond their best buy date.  Ugh.

In our preparation for moving, or if we don't end up moving, at least I have one more area in the house pretty much cleaned up.  Trying to decide what I want to clean tomorrow. 

Watered the garden tonight.  The drought continues.  Hopefully all this work is not in vain but I have a bad feeling that we will end up with not very much on the plants.  I haven't given up hope yet.  We are forecast for 90s all week with no rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment